What Online Influencers Think About Advertising

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Flashback to the year 2012, when I was a high school senior browsing college courses online. I came across with the course Advertising Arts. Honestly back then, I have zero knowledge about advertising agencies or advertising in general here in the Philippines. The career opportunities that were listed on the website were really the main reason why I got interested in pursuing advertising. Just imagine my excitement reading these: computer graphic artist (both in print and TV), creative director, art director, videographer/editor (both TV and film), event planner, visual merchandising artist, fashion designer/merchandiser, layout artist/illustrator, creative and copy writer, account manager, marketing assistant, and art educator. That time, I knew that advertising can open many doors to people that are planning to pursue the major once they graduate. 

Fast-forward to the year 2015, I am currently a graduating Advertising Arts student. So far, I believe that the course made me become more open-minded about the arts and advertising in general. Also in a way, it made me confident enough to voice out my ideas and opinions. It made me believe that without advertising, the world would become dreary. 

I thought it would be interesting interviewing online influencers here in the Philippines and ask them about their insights about advertising.

Say Tioco Artillero is a full-time YouTube content creator (beauty and lifestyle vlogs) from the Philippines. She recently went to Japan and participated as one of the judges at the Beauty Bound Asia. She produces makeup tutorials, shopping hauls, product reviews, and the like.




Yuki Tansengco is a social entrepreneur, I Am Meg Season 2 finalist and a fashion blogger. She recently launched her own vlogging channel on YouTube.




Laureen Uy is a fashion and travel blogger and vlogger from the Philippines.




Nicole Andersson is a life, style & fashion blogger and host from the Philippines. She is releasing her own vlogging channel soon.








Saab Magalona doesn't need an introduction but she surely is one of the coolest online influencers here in the Philippines. Her band Cheats will perform at the Laneway Festival this coming January 2016!




If you are reading this blog entry and you’re still in high school clueless about what course to take, consider taking advertising as your major because it will not only expand your knowledge about the arts and advertising but it will also definitely open many opportunities. Good luck!

(Note: I interviewed a couple more online influencers and I'm just waiting for their replies. Once I get their answers, I will update this blog entry)

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Beautiful tip my dear and interesting stories !!! I'm Eni, blogger from Italy....If you want, take a look at my blog and let me know what you think. Kisses,
    Eni

    Eniwhere Fashion
    Eniwhere Fashion Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by, Eni! :)
      I'm checking out your blog right now ♥

      Delete
  2. I love this! Tricia Gosingtian next please haha <3

    ReplyDelete

Recent Youtube Video

 photo LBS HR_zpszahfeh9h.jpg

Follow @artworksbyluiza

 photo ABL HR_zps3gle81ux.jpg

Style Inspo for the month

 photo Bella_zpsn2ij6brl.jpg

Follow @izaartillero on instagram

Subscribe