Candy Style Awards 2012

Monday, May 07, 2012


When I purchased the Candy Magazine April 2012 issue, I saw an ad about the upcoming Candy Style Awards. I immediately contacted my friend Aurea if she wants to go to the event with me. She said yes and we bought the May 2012 issue with Mario Maurer on the cover and got our invites! We really don't know what to expect since it's the first ever Candy Style Awards.

I arrived at the Powerplant mall earlier than expected. Saw some bloggers roaming around the mall too. When Aurea arrived, we went straight to the Rockwell Tent and wow, there was already a long line for the registration. We waited for at least one and a half hour. I don't mind waiting but the downside is, the rain poured while we were waiting outside the venue. Thank god I had an umbrella! ☺

The venue was filled with cute balloons, Candy cuties, Candy girls in their stylish outfits, celebrities, bloggers and photographers ☺ Aurea and I spotted Ivan Dorschner while entering the venue and got a bit starstrucked :) They awarded the celebrities and Candy cuties first before the Candy Style Stars 2012 ☺ Here are some of the winners:



Julia Montes and Kathryn Bernardo - Most Stylish BFFS
(Julia couldn't attend the event since she had taping for her show in ABSCBN)



Megan Young and Lauren Young - Most Stylish Sisters


Elmo Magalona and Julie Anne San Jose - Most Stylish Loveteam

The other winners were: Clara Magalona - Junior Style Star; Rammy Bitong - Most Stylish Candy Cutie. Janeena Chan and three other girls were chosen by Lactacyd and won some stuff from Lactacyd ☺ 




Somedaydream performed Do Do With You (I remember listening to this song years ago on YouTube and thought that Somedaydream was a Filipino singer that was famous in America. Haha! I love his music!) and the most stylish loveteam -- Elmo Magalona and Julie Anne San Jose peformed Love The Way You Lie part 2. I think their performance was impromptu but still, they both sounded awesome live. Talented artists!


Here we go! The awarding of the Candy Style Stars 2012. First up, the stunning Jasmine Curtis-Smith. Unfortunately, she still got a lot of school commitments back in Australia that's why she wasn't present in the event :(



Tricia Gosingtian was next! I really love her outfit ☺ I still can remember reading her tweets while she was in Paris. Pretty sure she was experiencing jetlag but still looked fabulous!

I think Laureen Uy had the loudest cheer from the Candy girls. She wore a really cute dress! Cannot wait for her blog entry about it ☺

Patricia Prieto is also included in the Candy Style Stars 2012 ☺

Kryz Uy looked so adorable in her shimmery dress! ☺

Jaz Reyes was next.

My favorite Filipina blogger, Camille Co! ☺ She looked amazing in her little white dress and I totally love her fishtail braid!



Last but not the least, Sarah Lahbati ☺ She's so tall!



After the event, I had a chance to meet Ivan Dorschner and the bloggers with Aurea! :) Here are some of the photos:








I really enjoyed the Candy Style Awards! Can't wait for the next batch of Candy Style Stars! :)

Don't forget to like & follow Candy magazine

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Recent Youtube Video

 photo LBS HR_zpszahfeh9h.jpg

Follow @artworksbyluiza

 photo ABL HR_zps3gle81ux.jpg

Style Inspo for the month

 photo Bella_zpsn2ij6brl.jpg

Follow @izaartillero on instagram

Subscribe