#SkinCity: Preview Best Dressed Ball 2014

Monday, June 30, 2014



I was honestly not expecting to go to this year's Preview Ball that is why when I received a direct message from StyleBible on Twitter, I was surprised. I had mixed emotions because I am a big fan of Preview Magazine ever since and I always admire their anniversary issues but also I have no idea on what to wear since the theme of this year's best dressed ball is Skin City (eeep!)

                  For days, I've been searching for an outfit to wear to the Preview ball and unfortunately, I always go home empty handed. I even tried searching for dresses online even though I know it's impossible since shipping will take days or even months. I was browsing Nasty Gal and saw one of the dresses I admired months ago ever since I saw Katy Bellotte wore it on one of her YouTube videos


                  My sister recently told me that she discovered a great alter station at Robinson's Galleria. I saw a black dress from People Are People and when I saw it, it definitely reminded me of the Nasty Gal dress.

Before and After
                  Even though at first I was having doubts to have this dress altered, I just trusted the people in the alter station in Robinson's Galleria. I was having doubts since the dress was expensive and the people from another alter station located in Lucky Chinatown Mall told me that it was impossible for me to alter it. It was also the first time I went to Robinson's Galleria alone. I arrived there at around 3PM and guess what, at around 8PM on that same day, my sister told me that she claimed the dress already from the alter station. So the moment she went home, I immediately wore the dress and I freaking love it.

The gold studded clutch I used is actually a black wallet I DIY-ed a year ago.









                  HyvE was filled with fashionable individuals in their own interpretation of the theme Skin City. If you want to see a glimpse on what happened at the Preview Ball this year, check out the video above! I definitely can't wait to buy the July 2014 issue of Preview Magazine.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Recent Youtube Video

 photo LBS HR_zpszahfeh9h.jpg

Follow @artworksbyluiza

 photo ABL HR_zps3gle81ux.jpg

Style Inspo for the month

 photo Bella_zpsn2ij6brl.jpg

Follow @izaartillero on instagram

Subscribe